About Kim Atwood, LPC, CST
Hello and Welcome! I am a holistic psychotherapist with 15 years experience working with individuals. I tend to think outside the box and use a gentle engaged, interactive, collaborative, and creative approach.
I work with people to better understand their relationships. Not only in relationship with partners and family members, but also their relationship to their own body, thoughts, stress, and Self. I aim to help you feel more confident and comfortable in your own skin. Through integrating the mind and body, I help you feel more authentic, engaged in and content with life, fully embodied in daily activities, sexually satisfied and empowered.
In addition to being a psychotherapist, I am also a certified sex therapist. Sex therapy sessions are similar to those conducted with other counselors – sex therapy is talk therapy. As a sex therapist, I bring extensive training beyond the basic psychotherapy to address the highly personal psychological, physical and emotional issues around sexual concerns. My specialized training makes it possible to view things holistically and evaluate a multitude of concerns, along with medical, emotional, cultural, and lifestyle factors to guide you to better sexual health and satisfaction.
My professional and personal journey have led me to blend Western Psychology and Eastern Philosophy, mindfulness, compassion, breath and bodywork, neurobiology, mind-body techniques, and the creative healing arts when appropriate.
In a safe, warm, and nurturing environment, I work with individuals to help communicate more effectively and connect more fully with oneself and others. I look at the entire person, rather than a disorder or label. I recognize that one size does not fit all, and tailor my clinical approach to fit the unique needs and strengths of each individual.
Education, Trainings, and all those letters
Resources & Links
- American Association for Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists: Information about Sex Therapy + Kim’s Profile
- Indiana State Licensing Board: To verify therapist’s license + complaint forms to file.
- Massachusetts State Licensing Board: To verify therapist’s license + complaint forms to file.
- New York State Licensing Board: To verify therapist’s license + complaint forms to file.
- Pennsylvania State Licensing Board: To verify therapist’s license + complaint forms to file.