What is sex therapy?
Sex Therapy is a type of counseling/ talk therapy that focuses on sexual functioning, intimacy, and the psychological, behavioral and emotional issues related to sex.
Sex therapy can be used for individuals and couples. I work with couples in-person only. I only offer couples counseling for sexual and intimacy-related issues (see below).
Who is qualified to provide sex therapy?
Sex Therapy is conducted by a licensed mental health professional who has received considerable training in the field of sex and sexuality in addition to their master's level+ training in counseling.
What does a sex therapy session look like?
A sex therapy session may be individual or with a couple. It will look like a typical talk-therapy session in which a client(s) will feel free to discuss sexually-related issues. Because sex therapy is also life therapy, other aspects of the client's life will be addressed as well.
What kind of issues does sex therapy treat?
- Sexual Desire Disorders
- Low Desire
- No Desire
- Decreased Libido
- No Libido
- No Sexual Fantasies
- Not wanting to be sexual (with oneself and/or others)
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
- Lack of interest or desire for sexual activity
- Sexual Arousal Disorders
- Difficulty obtaining an erection
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Difficulty feeling aroused
- Dryness issues (in females)
- Sexual Pain Disorders
- Pain during sex
- Vaginismus / Vulvadynia
- Orgasm Disorders
- Haven’t achieved an orgasm
- Aren’t able to orgasm
- Orgasmic Disorder
- Premature Ejaculation
- Delayed Ejaculation
- Early Ejaculation
- Improve sexual communication
- Sexual Aversion Disorder
- Sexual Trauma
- Peri-menopause and menopause
- Sexual empowerment
- Get comfortable with YOUR pleasure
- Questioning Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity
- Sexual issues related to disease, illness, cancer, etc.
- Improve sexual confidence
- Therapy to clients who identify as kink or interested
- Counseling to clients who identify as polyamorous
I offer online and in-person counseling. I work with couples in-person only.
Due to regulations, I currently only work with individuals living in Indiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania (states in which I hold professional licenses).
Please contact me to request a free consultation online.